Okay, okay. I shamelessly stole this idea from my friend's blog (btw, she's a great photographer if you're looking for one. Check out her blog and site). But I loved it and wanted to do my own "10 in '10" - ten things I'd like to accomplish this year.
Why so late, you're wondering?
Well, there's a few reasons. First, this isn't really a blog about me and my resolutions. Second, I like being fashionably late. And finally, I'm a procrastinator. (That last one is probably the real reason.)
Also, I believe in the power of words. Once you put something out there, you better be ready to back it up. So I wanted to make sure that if I say I'm going to do it, there's at least a chance it will really get done.
These are not in order of importance, by the way. Just kind of as they came to me. Not are all related to this blog, but all are related to my life and what I'd like to see happen this year.
1) Shoot some webcasts and post them
2) Blog more consistently. Not always about beer, but with that as the overall theme (I think this post counts towards that)
3) Volunteer! I've been saying for years I want to volunteer and I finally have the time to do it
4) Travel somewhere I haven't been before - hopefully international, but I'll settle for somewhere cool within the US, too
5) Take more advantage of all that Philadelphia has to offer (true confession: I lived about a 15-minute walk from the art museum for almost 5 years and never once visited. Pathetic!)
6) Learn how to do more with my Mac than just access the Internet and use the PC-compatible software
7) Spend more time with friends and family and less time with Twitter and Facebook
8) Run a 1/2 marathon and the Broad Street Run and set a PR in both
9) Try beers that I swear I'm going to hate only to realize how much I love them (or not, but at least I'll know for sure)
10) Continue to learn about beer and figure out how to really turn my love for good brews in to something I can do to support myself (open a bar? write a book? work for a brewery? Possibilities are endless!)
Okay, so that's it. Obviously there are some things that didn't make it on to the list that I hope will happen this year, but this is a good start.
Have any resolutions/intentions/whatever you want to call them you'd like share? I'll hold you accountable if you do the same for me.