July 10, 2009

What's on tap at Jose Pistolas in July

Last night I had the chance to enjoy some Ommegang brews at Jose Pistolas. I had the Abbey, Rouge and Rare V.O.S. Very different flavors, and I really enjoyed the Abbey and especially the V.O.S. I'll write more about each later.

For those looking for some cool beer events this month (and who isn't?), check out what's happening at Jose Pistolas in July.

Tuesday the 14th is New Holland Beer night. From 5 pm until the beer is gone, there'll be flights of New Holland's best beers paired with cheese.

Friday the 17th is a Bell’s Barbecue. Bell’s beer will be on tap (including a firkin of the Two-Hearted Ale - a wonderful IPA that I really love) and plenty of chicken, ribs and pork. Hey, I'm a vegetarian and I'll still make it to this event - you have no excuse not to come by.

Tuesday the 21st, in addition to being my dad's birthday, is Doc’s Cider night. Although it's not beer, Doc's Ciders are not to be missed. Considered one of the best cider makers in America, Doc’s will be available in a variety of flavors including pear, apple, and raspberry starting at 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment