December 22, 2010

Holiday Cheer and beer

I can't believe that Friday is Christmas Eve. I can't believe that next Friday is New Year's Eve! Where did 2010 go?

What is an already busy time of year has turned even more so. First, I'm moving. I have to be out of my apartment by next Monday (less than a week!) as I'm leaving for Iowa on Tuesday (to spend New Years with my boyfriend and his friends, one bright spot in what is sure to be a stressful couple of weeks) and won't be back until after January 1.

Second, my sister gave birth to her first son - and the first grandchild in my immediate family - 10 weeks early. Luckily, he's doing great and she is, too. But it was a crazy time as they were trying to decide when to deliver her.

Luckily I have great friends and family and they're keeping me sane. I also have great taste in beer (if I do say so myself) and those beers have played no small part in getting me through these days. Not as a crutch, mind you, just as a reward at the end of a long day.

I had the great joy of drinking Victory's Dark Intrigue over the weekend. It was so tasty and perfect on a very cold winter's (well, at the time it was still technically fall) night. I've also gotten to enjoy De Ranke Pere Noel, which I loved, and the always-great Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre.

I hope your preparations for the holiday season have been as tasty as mine - minus the stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment